How to set up Microsoft Outlook Express:
- Open Outlook Express. If you get a message asking if you would like to set Outlook Express as your default e-mail client, hit Yes.
- When opening Outlook Express for the first time, you should be prompted to enter your Display Name, if you you see this prompt, skip to step 5.
- Click on the Tools menu at the top of Outlook Express and select Accounts...
- Click on the Add button and select Mail...
- Enter your Display Name. This is the name people will see when they receive e-mail from you (eg John Smith or The Smith Family). Hit Next.
- Enter your Info Link e-mail address after E-mail address. Your e-mail address will be email@example.com, where username is your personal username used to log in to the Internet. Hit Next.
- Make sure that POP3 is selected where you see My incoming mail server is a _____ server. If it is not, hit the drop down menu and select POP3.
- Enter 'mail.info-link.net' (without the quotes) for Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server:.
- Enter 'smtp.info-link.net' (without the quotes) for Outgoing mail (SMTP) server:. Hit Next.
- Fill in your Info Link username after Account Name (note: this is not your full Info Link e-mail address, only the part before the @ symbol).
- Enter your Info Link password after Password.
- If you would like Outlook Express to remember your password, place a check next to Remember password.
- There should not be a check next to Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA). Hit Next.
- Click Finish. Outlook Express is now configured properly for sending and receiving e-mail.
Back to Email Client Setup