How to set up Mozilla Thunderbird:
- Open Thunderbird. If you are opening Thunderbird for the first time, you will be prompted to import settings from other programs.
OR If you have used Thunderbird before, click on Tools, and select Account Settings. Click on the Add Account button.
- The New Account Setup wizard should open up. Choose Email Account and hit Next.
- Enter your name as you would like it to appear on your emails (for example John Smith) in the field labeled Your Name:.
- Enter your email address in the field labeled Email Address. This should be of the form firstname.lastname@example.org, where username is your Info Link username. Hit Next.
- Select POP and enter 'mail.info-link.net' (without the quotes) after Incoming Server.
- If you have not set up an email account in Thunderbird, it will ask for the Outgoing Server. Enter 'smtp.info-link.net' (without the quotes). Hit Next.
- For Incoming User Name enter your Info Link username. This should be all in lowercase, with no spaces. It should be filled in by default if you entered your email address in correctly. Hit Next.
- The Account Name is what you use to identify your account. By default this will be your email address. You may change it to whatever you like, or leave it as is. Hit Next.
- Verify that all of the information is correct. If you notice something incorrect, hit Back until you come to the appropriate window to fix it, then hit Next to get back to this window. Once everything looks correct, hit Finish. Thunderbird is now properly configured for sending and receiving Info Link email.
Back to Email Client Setup